Optimize Form For Print View - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Optimize Form For Print View

Last post 10-11-2012 10:31 AM by Anson Hidajat. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2012 03:35 AM

Optimize Form For Print View

All,

InfoPath 2010.

How do you really "optimize" a view for printing when viewing InfoPath Forms via a browser?  Assume a user goes File>Print on IE9.

I know you can create a Print View, yet more often than not it's a copy and paste from one view to another and it never turns out as expected on a printed sheet of paper.

I'm based in the UK. Our general paper size is A4. Some of my work departments love their hard copies. Sometimes they have to print a view to send as part of a snail mail package.

What do you do about margins - fields/forms/page set-up? Yes all printers are slightly different. Yet our paper size remains constant.

Do you change your page set-up for that one view?

Do you change fields height/width etc.? What looks large on a monitor, is small on a piece of paper.

Do you hide Submit, buttons, but have a Close button on the web page and somehow not print the button?

Some people would like a 'form' to fit to a page. Yet this never seems feasible.

I tend to use section controls to build my forms. Thus I could print each section on a new page. This would help. However I'm not to sure my departments would like 5 hard copy pages for 1 form.

All advice and tips would be really appreciated.

Filed under:
  • 10-11-2012 10:31 AM In reply to

Re: Optimize Form For Print View

Hi there,

I think its no secret that InfoPath isn't the greatest when it comes to printing.  My advise would be to create your own separate print view and really optimize as much as possible for one printer type, paper size, screen resolution, etc.  Keep controls fixed width and do not allow expanding controls.  Hide buttons when possible to maximize space.

Anson Hidajat
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.