Large form options - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Large form options

Last post 09-21-2012 06:12 AM by jlgpsidev2010. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2012 05:11 AM

Large form options

Hello,

I am creating a very large browser form for a client. It has probably a couple of thousand controls. As I am building this form, it is getting heavy, obviously. It is submitting to a SharePoint form library. The biggest requirement is that they have to be able to print this document in whole, in necessary. My biggest concern is that at this rate, it may take an hour to load and open if I keep going with the "all in one page" format.

My question: If I create the form with tabs at the top for different sections of the form, when the form is opened, will it still have to "load" the entire form, or just the opening view?

If this will not work, then is there any way to do this so that this enormous form won't have latency in opening?

Thank you in advance.

• 09-21-2012 05:51 AM In reply to

The latency you're seeing is likely due to two things: data connections and rules that execute on load, and rendering the view in the browser. You could try to address both by creating separate views for the user. This means that the form opens and shows only the bare necessities and only queries the bare minimum data needed on load. Then as the user fills out the form, you take them from view to view and query the remaining data connections that are needed.

Hope this helps!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 09-21-2012 06:12 AM In reply to

Ernesto, You are correct - it is rules that execute on load, and rendering the view in the browser. I will create views. Thanks for confirmation. Jamie
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.