How to create a template part in Visual Studio 2008? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How to create a template part in Visual Studio 2008?

Last post 08-29-2012 04:23 AM by Trevor Arter. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-24-2012 07:56 AM

How to create a template part in Visual Studio 2008?

Hi Experts

We are working in Visual Studio 2008, and would like to create some template parts.

You can nicely start the project from the "InfoPath form template" project template and choose "Template Part" just like in InfoPath.

But when you want to save the template part as an .xtp file, the publish option has gone from the Design Tasks tool part, and there is apparently no "Save as", Export or Build option which allows you to save as an .xtp file.

Does anybody know?

Thanks

Trevor

• 08-27-2012 03:55 PM In reply to

Re: How to create a template part in Visual Studio 2008?

The problem, I think, is that when you add the template part to the template the code dll won't be included, even if you add code to the template part.

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-28-2012 05:16 AM In reply to

I know you can't have code in template parts, but it would be nice to create the form layout and the data source.

Of course we could do this in the InfoPath Design Mode, and then import the finished template parts into Visual Studio, but it would be nice to do everything in the same development environment, and also we would like to put them under source control. We are using Team Foundation Server which integrates nicely with Visual Studio.

Microsoft have provided the option to create a template part in Visual Studio 2008, but it seems that it leads to a dead end.

• 08-28-2012 06:29 AM In reply to

Yes, we use TFS too - so you know, for IP 2013, I've read that Visual Studio will be the dev environment again - in IP 2010, it was VSTA only. Not sure about template parts.

Hilary Stoupa

• 08-29-2012 04:23 AM In reply to

The I will look forward to 2013 (but not 2010!)

In the meantime we will have to make template parts in InfoPath Design Mode/VSTA (which frankly I would rather not use at all)

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.