2010 - Cannot Open Form - in use by another process. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

2010 - Cannot Open Form - in use by another process.

Last post 03-06-2012 12:52 PM by ErnestoM. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-06-2012 05:43 AM

2010 - Cannot Open Form - in use by another process.

Hi,

I am using DBXL 2.3.  I am have created a form using InfoPath 2007 - it is NOT a browser form.  My users are gradually being upgraded to 2010.

Today we have experienced a new problem.  I published a new version of the form to DBXL.  My key user, who was upgraded to 2010 last week, has tried to open the form.

The first symptom was an orange bar at the top of InfoPath saying there was a newer version of the form - she should save and update.  When she clicked on that link nothing appeared to happen.  We tried a second time, and again nothing.

I then did Infopath /cache clearall, and tried again.  We then got the message that the form could not be opened please contact the designer.  When showing the details it said "The process cannot access the file because it is being used by another process"

I can open the form with no problem (I have not been upgraded to 2010 yet).

Many users access this form, and we have not had this issue before.  What is the best/easiest way to ensure that users get the latest version of the form when I publish to DBXL when using 2010?  What is the error message trying to tell me in this case ?

Thank  you.

Catharine

• 03-06-2012 12:52 PM In reply to

Re: 2010 - Cannot Open Form - in use by another process.

Hi Catharine-

First make sure that there are no InfoPath.exe processes running on the machine. Then open the InfoPath Filler 2010, find the form amongst the list of form templates, right click on it and select Get Update of this form.

Clicking the yellow bar or doing Infopath /cache clearall SHOULD have worked, but it is possible that there was some other InfoPath process happening in the background. 

Hope this helps.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.