Using TRANSLATE to force uppercase - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Using TRANSLATE to force uppercase

Last post 12-13-2011 06:30 AM by Sailor. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-12-2011 07:07 AM

    • Sailor
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-15-2009
    • Canada
    • Posts 107

    Using TRANSLATE to force uppercase

    Hello,

    I am aware of how to use the translate function to convert a field to uppercase, but I'm not sure logistically how to do this for a value retrieved from a sharepoint list.

    In my case I have a Postal Code value retreived from a SP list, into the main data source in  a field "VendorPostalCode".  The value in the SP list is not all upper case, so I want to convert it.  What is the correct method for this?  The "VendorPostalCode" is populated from a rule in a list box that selects the VendorName.

    Thanks!

  • 12-13-2011 02:29 AM In reply to

    Re: Using TRANSLATE to force uppercase

    Hi-

    The function is really the same. Instead of selecting a value to translate from the main data source, just select the node from the secondary data source. If you're using default values, then include the translate() function in the default value.

    If you can explain what you've tried ,or attach an XSN via the Options tab, it might help to understand the issue. Thanks!

    Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™


  • 12-13-2011 06:30 AM In reply to

    • Sailor
    • Top 75 Contributor
    • Joined on 09-15-2009
    • Canada
    • Posts 107

    Re: Using TRANSLATE to force uppercase

     Hello, and thank you for your assistance.  I guess I'm not 100% sure where the Translate function needs to go.   This was what i had tried

    translate(WorkZip[Company = Title], "abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz", "ABCDEFGHIJKLMNOPQRSTUVWXYZ")

    This is a rule to set a fields value (VendorPostalCode) when the drop-down (Company) is equal to (Title) which is the Column in SP which has the company name.

    The Main Data Source field to store the PostalCode is (VendorPostalCode) and the Secondary Data Source is (WorkZip)

     

    Using the above rule does NOT populate the VendorPostalCode field.

     

     

    EDIT - Stupid unrelated mistake on my part.  This did work....I guess I DID actually know what I was doing.  Thanks again for the time!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.