InfoPath 2007 filler form with multiple data connections - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath 2007 filler form with multiple data connections

Last post 12-08-2011 06:00 AM by ErnestoM. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2011 12:52 PM

InfoPath 2007 filler form with multiple data connections

Hi everyone. I am fairly new to IP and am facing an issue where I have several data connections called when a form loads. The form is a 2007 filler form (migrated from 2003 filler form) and makes calls to a custom sharepoint web services through data connections defined in a site collection (not central data connection and form is not administrator deployed). The form is able to reach the service through the data connections and get results back, but when the form starts up, it displays several dialogs ( my guess is one per data connection) that read "Downloading data connection settings". These dialogs automatically disappear without requiring any user interaction. An ideal solution would be not to display these dialogs at all or maybe only display one of these dialogs. So I was wondering if anyone can help with how to resolve this issue? Here are my environment details:

1 x CA server, 2 x WFE, 1 X SQL Server (all running SP 2010)

IP 2007 filler form published as a form template for a form library within a site collection. The form was originally written for IP 2003 and has JScript code to handle auto selection of data contained within dropdown boxes.

Any help with resolving this issue is greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

• 12-08-2011 06:00 AM In reply to

Re: InfoPath 2007 filler form with multiple data connections

Hi-

I think what you're describing is just default behavior. That is, if you have data connections on load, first those execute. Then if there are any on load rules that call code or data connections, those will also execute. So if there are a lot of things happening on load, your users will get these dialogs and have to wait for them to clear, until the form finishes loading, and then they can use the form.

I guess one option is to only call the data connections if/when they are needed, instead of on load, to reduce user wait time.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.