Using InfoPath 2010 - Want to create a printer friendly version of my Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Using InfoPath 2010 - Want to create a printer friendly version of my Form

Last post 11-09-2011 10:27 AM by notanotheraccount. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-08-2011 01:01 PM

Using InfoPath 2010 - Want to create a printer friendly version of my Form

Howdy,

I have a form that works pretty good. Does everything I need to do; but I need to be able to print hard copies of the empty form. So no big deal I thought I'll just add a few page breaks and see where that takes me. But the problem I'm having is that I cannot insert PageBreaks into my form and  I cant find a good way to gauge where they are. I sorta want it to display where a page break will happen when I print so I can space the form out better. Is this an option with InfoPath is there a way to do this?

(Think of Word, it shows you when it goes to the next page, I want InfoPath to do that)

Thanks,

• 11-08-2011 02:16 PM In reply to

Re: Using InfoPath 2010 - Want to create a printer friendly version of my Form

Hi,

... and welcome to our forum.

If you might wish to provide a way for users who are filling out forms to be able to insert/remove Page Breaks in certain locations of the form. You can accomplish this using Page Breaks with Conditional Formatting.

• In Design mode, insert a Checkbox Control, type "Insert Page Break" next to the checkbox.
    • Insert a Section Control
    • Within the Section Control, insert a Page Break (Place the cursor inside of the Section Control you just inserted and from the menu Insert | Page Break)
    • Double click on the Section Control to open the Section Properties dialog. Select the Display tab and click on the Conditional Formatting button.
    • Click Add... to set a new condition, which will keep the Page Break "hidden" unless the checkbox is checked, to do this: Select the name of the checkbox in the first condition drop-down and set the condition "is equal to FALSE". Check the "Hide this Control" checkbox and close all open dialogs by clicking "Ok"

That´s it. So ... you can allow users to insert a page break when a checkbox is checked.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Karsten
    Filed under:
  • 11-09-2011 10:27 AM In reply to

Re: Using InfoPath 2010 - Want to create a printer friendly version of my Form

Anyway to just insert a PageBreak into the white space on a InfoPath form? I can insert after the white space into the grey area, but not the whitespace where my form resides. The bottom for PageBreak is greyed out

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.