What are my other options if InfoPath isn't going to work? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

What are my other options if InfoPath isn't going to work?

Last post 11-02-2011 04:52 PM by This Guy. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-28-2011 07:18 PM

What are my other options if InfoPath isn't going to work?

My problem lies in the distribution of the forms. Okay, so the company I work for wont fork over the cash to set up licenses for everyone to install InfoPath, so sending the forms through Outlook or storing them in a shared drive and allowing users to fill them out, will not work. We have a SharePoint site, however this is the 'MOSS 2007 Standard', which from my understanding, won't allow InfoPath integration with with out the upgrade to SharePoint Professional (Enterprise), and a purchase of InfoPath Forms Services (or ecals). The company, once again, will not put money into this. I have created a form, that is used maybe 10 times a month, very minimal, so I don't think setting up an Enterprise site is even worth it. So this leads me to my question, what other options do I have? Weather it is using a completely different program, or finding another way for users to fill these forms out. Any help would be much appreciated.
  • 10-31-2011 09:10 AM In reply to

Re: What are my other options if InfoPath isn't going to work?

I don't think I ever imagined asking this - but what about Access? Does everyone have that?

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-01-2011 08:48 PM In reply to

Access would work wonderfully, however, I have no experience in that. And taking time to learn it will be too time consuming. My manager is hoping I would have something ready next week for him to use. Is this guy kidding? Is this project that he has asked me to do a lost cause? I suppose my final option would be using Microsoft Excel and putting controls into it to make it function like a form? Any other suggestions?
  • 11-02-2011 08:14 AM In reply to

I guess my concern is what you need to do with the data collected. If you don't really need to do much with it - sure, use Excel, create a workbook template. Access isn't too hard to use - you'd want to put together some data tables that resemble your current form data structure and then create a form for the data entry - at least then you'd have some reporting options. Sorry I don't have any better ideas here for using what you may already have installed....

Hilary Stoupa

• 11-02-2011 04:52 PM In reply to

I suppose you are correct about Access not being hard to learn, I just dont have time. I did some research on forms and writing them in HTML or JAVA or some other code is also possible. I DEFINITELY don't have this knowledge, so hopefully they can pass this project of to some IT guy. Thanks for your responses.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.