Schema validation found non-data type errors - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Schema validation found non-data type errors

Last post 10-27-2011 08:39 AM by smonczka. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-26-2011 02:05 PM

Schema validation found non-data type errors

I have a form that has a repeating table in it.  The table pulls client information from a SQL view using a data connection stored in SharePoint.  I needed to add a blank field to the repeating table.  This was to add column to the repeating table users could add data to that line item in the table.  So I altered the view in SQL, adding a blank field ( '' AS 'FieldName' ).  I altered the UDC to reflect the new field that was added.  Opened the form up in design mode and updated the Data Connection.  The dataFields now reflected the new field.  I published the new form to form library in SharePoint, but now when I try to bring up an older form I get the following error "Schema validation found non-data type errors".  From what I have read it is because...

This problem occurs because a required field in a SharePoint 2010 external list database has the following characteristics:

• The field is marked as non-nullable.
    • The field can accept empty strings as valid input.

In this situation, Microsoft InfoPath 2010 treats empty strings and null entries as equivalent values. Therefore, these values are treated as invalid input.

So i prepopulated the field with a 0, but still the same error.  I have been able to revert back to the original UDC and Form without issue.  I am able to open the old forms. 

Does this mean you cannot alter dataFields or am I doing something wrong?* I'm using SharePoint 2010 and InfoPath 2011 browser based forms with no code.  

• 10-27-2011 08:39 AM In reply to

Re: Schema validation found non-data type errors

The problem is not infact caused by... 
  • The added field is marked as non-nullable.
  • The added field can accept empty strings as valid input
  • As I have connected to that database with a separate blank form and have had no issies with it.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.