InfoPath SP 2010 - Trying to Display Data from a List Based upon Dropdown Selection - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath SP 2010 - Trying to Display Data from a List Based upon Dropdown Selection

Last post 10-24-2011 12:24 PM by InfoPathAddict. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-10-2011 07:57 AM

InfoPath SP 2010 - Trying to Display Data from a List Based upon Dropdown Selection

I have probably run across a partial answer in a forum but have read so many my head is spinning.

LISTA - Route, Mileage (calc'ed from Route),  Zone (calc'ed from Route).

LISTB - Route (lookup from ListA), Mileage (lookup from ListA), Zone (lookup from LISTA)

Now, on my NewForm.aspx for ListB, I want the users to select Route from the dropdown (this is working fine), BUT based on that selection I want to DISPLAY (non-editable) the mileage and zone.

This is probably extremely simple, but I have looked at it too long.

• 10-10-2011 12:06 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath SP 2010 - Trying to Display Data from a List Based upon Dropdown Selection

Hi- I responded to the other (duplicate?) question. I think what you're looking for, if you're working in InfoPath, is called cascading dropdowns. A quick Google search should yield a bunch of tutorials. Good luck!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 10-24-2011 12:24 PM In reply to

Re: InfoPath SP 2010 - Trying to Display Data in a text box from a Dropdown Selection

Hi,

I have a unique situation,  I pulled data from a table and loaded to a dropdown, but I want to show the corresponding rows other data in a label or text box.

Table A)  id1, id1Desc, id2, id2Desc, id3, id3Desc

I'm displaying id3Desc in a drop down, as soon as I select the dropdown, I want hte corresponding id1Desc and id2Desc in a text box or label.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.