Data Validation Disabled for entire Form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Data Validation Disabled for entire Form

Last post 09-07-2011 06:09 AM by Paradiddle. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-06-2011 11:09 AM

Data Validation Disabled for entire Form

I set several fields on my web-enabled infopath form to "Cannot be blank".  However, when I open the form there is validation markings (red asterisk, etc.) and I can submit the form without entering data in these fields.

It seems like I've done something to disable field validation for the entire form but I searched and googled can can find anything to enable/disable data validation for a form.

I feel dumb... Any suggestions?

Filed under:
  • 09-07-2011 05:18 AM In reply to

Re: Data Validation Disabled for entire Form

Are you sure you are submitting the form, and not saving it? If there is a submit operation in your form it will require those fields to be filled out. But a save operation would probably not require the required fields.

If you are using code to clear the form errors, the only way to restore that validation is to close the form and reopen it.

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

• 09-07-2011 06:09 AM In reply to

Re: Data Validation Disabled for entire Form

Well, I had borrowed some code that I had found and it included several of the following:

this.Errors.DeleteAll();

This line will remove all validation errors and thus remove any "red" asterisks, etc.

Still learning :)

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.