Complete beginner needing help with views and workflows on Infopath 2010 / SharePoint 2010. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Complete beginner needing help with views and workflows on Infopath 2010 / SharePoint 2010.

Last post 09-03-2011 07:57 AM by nbarnes. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-03-2011 07:57 AM

Complete beginner needing help with views and workflows on Infopath 2010 / SharePoint 2010.

Hey everyone,

I've just started using InfoPath in an attempt to improve the way we advertise and complete applications for development opportunities (like job shadowing, conferences etc) in my organisation. I've been playing with it for a few hours and I'm impressed with all the options but unfortunately, I still cant get my head around a few things.

At the moment I have the main form, "Submission of New Opportunity" which gets user data from our SharePoint site and allows the originator to enter several fields of information about their event or whatever. I've changed the built in SP2010 approval workflow so that once the user clicks the submit button, it gets sent to HR for approval. Once approved, it gets copied to a new form library called "Aprroved Opportunities" and the original item is deleted from the "Submission of New Opportunity" library. All of our site members can then view the "Approved Opportunities" list of items.

What I'd like to do is:

1. As the item is copied over to the new library, it is changed to read-only so the item acts a bit like an advertisement rather than an editable item.
    2. The rejected applications get moved to the Archive library
    3. Add a new button to the bottom of the form which, when clicked by the site members, takes them to a general application form which automatically pre-poulates some of the fields with details of the "Approved Opportunity" item they clicked on.
    4. Once the user application form has been completed, it will then be sent on another approval workflow to the Originator.
    5. I guess the task list is the best way for the Originator to compare all applications before making a decision and approving one of them? Or is there a better way this could be done?
    6. Once all of this has completed, the approved and rejected items get moved to the Archive library

Sorry for the long post guys! Im a complete InfoPath beginner and had no idea about all these things I could get it to do, my original simple idea soon turned into a much more complex (but complete?) solution lol. Maybe one of the more experienced users can think of a better way for me to do all of the above?

Many thanks for any help and advice you can give!

Nick

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.