SharePoint Forms Library - "Name (link to Document)" vs "Title (link to DBXL Document)" columns - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SharePoint Forms Library - "Name (link to Document)" vs "Title (link to DBXL Document)" columns

Last post 08-31-2011 09:08 AM by ErnestoM. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-30-2011 09:18 AM

SharePoint Forms Library - "Name (link to Document)" vs "Title (link to DBXL Document)" columns

I'm submitting documents to DBXL which is then submitting to a SharePoint forms library.  I've noticed that the URL behind "Title (link to DBXL Document)" points to the document within the http://site/qdabrawebservices page while the "Name (link to Document)" links to the document within the forms library.  From a DBXL perspective, is there any reason I should use 1 vs the other?  Both seem to work the same but I want to make sure I'm now breaking anything in the DBXL process if I use the link directly to the document in the library.

thanks

Jeff

• 08-31-2011 09:08 AM In reply to

Re: SharePoint Forms Library - "Name (link to Document)" vs "Title (link to DBXL Document)" columns

Hi Jeff,

Opening the form from SharePoint will place a lock on the SharePoint document.  Opening from DBXL only places a lock on the DBXL copy.  

IPFS: open from SharePoint
    Single submit to DBXL: open from DBXL
    Dual submit: open from SharePoint

Hope this helps!

Ernesto Machado
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.