How do I dynamically construct a batch statement and submit it to updatelistitem without using managed code? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

How do I dynamically construct a batch statement and submit it to updatelistitem without using managed code?

Last post 09-25-2014 03:52 AM by nibblas86. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-25-2011 06:22 PM

How do I dynamically construct a batch statement and submit it to updatelistitem without using managed code?

I have a browser-enabled form written with Infopath 2007.  I am unable to use managed code.

I would like to create a new Sharepoint 2007 list item using the updatelistitems() webservice. I can do this if I create a CAML template and use the template to create a "receive" secondary data connection.  The newly created data connection is then used as the update parameter when accessing the updatelistitems() webservice in the "submit" data connection.

However, I would like the user to be able to provide some of the new data using a drop-down list box.  Unfortunately, I can't figure out how to include the selected item in the dropdown box in the update submission.  I tried dynamically constructing a batch statement, putting it in a text box, and using this as the update CAML XML, but I get a message indicating that there was an error in the update.

Thanks!

• 09-25-2014 03:52 AM In reply to

Re: How do I dynamically construct a batch statement and submit it to updatelistitem without using managed code?

hi all, no idea for above question?

I have a similar problem. here is my batch.xml

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Batch OnError="Continue">
        <Method ID="1" Cmd="Update">
             <Field Name='ID'></Field>
            <Field Name='text'></Field>
        </Method>
    </Batch>

how can i set the values in the batch.xml according to input values from the infopath form? (no repeating table)

if i manually fill the batch xml in advance e.g

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <Batch OnError="Continue">
        <Method ID="1" Cmd="Update">
             <Field Name='ID'>1</Field>
            <Field Name='text'>testtext</Field>
        </Method>
    </Batch>

the update works fine, but i have to set the text field in the batch.xml to a input value from the form.... any ideas? best regards

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.