Newbie Question: Remap the <ENTER> key to act like <TAB> key - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Newbie Question: Remap the <ENTER> key to act like <TAB> key

Last post 07-24-2011 02:07 PM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-18-2011 04:56 PM

Newbie Question: Remap the <ENTER> key to act like <TAB> key

Hi All,

Thanks for everyone's help on here so far.  It's been great!! :)

I have a question.  I wish to remap the <ENTER> key so that it acts like the <TAB> key...in the sense that it would move the cursor to the next control (and wraparound to the first control in the event that I was on the last control on the page).

I have tried 'googling' the answer, but none of the other sites provide code that works.  Could someone provide me with the code for this in Visual Basic?

Cheers,

Derek

derek.megyesi at hotmail dot com

CAREER SUMMARY

Accomplished, energetic Information Technology professional with over 14 years of experience developing and implementing test strategies, operational procedures, and quality methodologies to support development and release of business applications. A hands-on leader with a proven ability to direct and improve quality programs, reduce defects, and improve overall efficiency and productivity. Extensive Business Analysis and Project Management knowledge, coupled with the ability to train, lead, and motivate effective cross functional teams.

* Waterfall, Agile (SCRUM)
    * Release Management
    * PeopleSoft
    * Telecommunications
    * Automation
    * Quality Centre/ALM
    * ITIL
    * Metrics/Scorecards

TECHNICAL SKILLS

* Programming:
    - Visual Basic, C/C++, Java, Perl/CGI, Tcl/Tk, XML, RSS

* Databases:
    - Oracle RDBMS, SQL, mSQL, MS Access

* Operating Systems:
    - HP-UX, Solaris, Linux, Windows XP, Vista, 7, Mac OS X, Windows Mobile 2003, PocketPC Phone Edition, Symbian, Blackberry, PalmOS, J2ME mid-p devices

* Protocols / Technologies:
    - HL7, iPTV, IMS, 3GPP, SIP, Diameter, TCP/IP, OSI, PPP, 802.11, UMTS, GPRS, EDGE, GSM, CDMA-1xRTT, EV-DO, WiFi, Bluetooth, IrDA, SONET/SDH, DWDM

* Software Products:
    - PeopleSoft, Quick Test Pro, Quality Center/ALM, WinRunner, WebLogic, Sun ONE iPlanet, Visio, MS Project, SharePoint, HP Universal CMDB, HP Service Manager
    Filed under:
  • 07-24-2011 02:07 PM In reply to

Re: Newbie Question: Remap the <ENTER> key to act like <TAB> key

Hi Derek,

Sorry to say but I'm 99% sure this isn't supported. You can set a text limit to fields such that when the limit is reached it automatically accepts the input but that does require a finite limit.

InfoPath uses Internet Explorer's canvas (Trident) to display data. You could add code to trap the window events at a low level and accept input but that would be a major undertaking and likely error-prone.

Here's a random idea - you could remap your keyboard to make enter generate a tab. I'm sure that would not be helpful for other applications, but it's just a random idea. :) Or you could map a key near enter to tab and just tell them to use that. :)

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.