Publishing large Infopath form to Sharepoint List - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Publishing large Infopath form to Sharepoint List

Last post 06-17-2011 09:26 AM by chinmoku_tak. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-16-2011 04:12 PM

Publishing large Infopath form to Sharepoint List

I’m trying to publish InfoPath form that contains 800+ fields to SharePoint list. All of the fields must be list columns as I would need to pull data for further analysis. However, as soon as I exceed 150 columns , I get an error saying it cannot update document library or list.

Is this a limitation in either SharePoint or InfoPath? Is there any way around it?

I'm trying make sure I can access all data in excel or sql without opening each and everyinfopath forms. I thought the most simple way is for me to add all columns to sharepoint, and run a query from the sharepoint list.

Any comment or support would be appreciated…

• 06-16-2011 06:21 PM In reply to

Re: Publishing large Infopath form to Sharepoint List

Hi Chinmoku_tak (Mr. Silence?)

SharePoint 2010 has a limit of how many fields you can promote. It's better than MOSS 2007 but still fairly limited.

We developed our database accelerator tool back in 2005 to address this issue. There's a free trial of DBXL out there and it's easy to install. You don't even have to install it on a server and you can pull all of the data into Excel without setting up a SQL database (DBXL stores the XML and gives you a tool to extract columns into Excel).

Please take a look at Qdabra's product page for more details. We have people who can demo the tool to you and we do free weekly webinars on Thursday mornings.

Best regards,

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 06-17-2011 09:26 AM In reply to

Re: Publishing large Infopath form to Sharepoint List

thanks for the reply. I tried installing it, but it is abit more complicated than I would like. as an example you mentioned that I don't even need to have it install it on a server (not sure if you meant SQL or Sharepoint), but when I try to install client version, it asks me for SQL server name, and install fails if I don't enter anything.

Is there a simple documentation where I could read how I can test it out?

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.