Multi-Selection List Box Binding control must be bound to a text data type error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Multi-Selection List Box Binding control must be bound to a text data type error

Last post 04-13-2011 08:09 AM by steveyb. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-13-2011 08:09 AM

Multi-Selection List Box Binding control must be bound to a text data type error

Hi

I am very new to InfoPath and am using version 2010, office14.

I am using Database advanced form template connected to an Access database (.accdb) with TEXT fields.  I have no problems with binding text boxes, combo boxes or radio buttons but now I need to add checkboxes to allow users to select more than one option.  I tried with Drop down list box with the Ctrl key but only one value can be selected with that input control it seems.  So I looked at MSLB but I get error "A multiple-selection list box control must be bound to a repeating field with a text data type".

Please can someone point me in the right direction.  I simply want InfoPath to allow a user to select more than one option for some questions on the form and once the form is submitted to the Access database for Access to display the multiple selections in comma separated format or separated with semi colon in the table (assuming Access has the ability to automatically process the required ADO/SQL syntax to separate these values within the same cell for that particular record).  This data will then be queried and reports produced.

Please ask if any more info is needed.  Thanks for help.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.