Xmlformviewer Multiuser Edit - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Xmlformviewer Multiuser Edit

Last post 03-08-2011 05:17 AM by Ozgen Bektas. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-07-2011 02:07 AM

Xmlformviewer Multiuser Edit

Hi everybody; I wrote for the following issue in many forums but I can find any reliable solution ( I guess there is no solution through this way)"I have a problem related to Infopath forms. When the users try to open the form, they face to a prompt window on which they should select one of "Read Only / Edit" options.If a form's Edit option is selected by the user A, then the user B has no permission to edit. But I want to let all users edit the same infopath form at the same time.For solution of the related problem, I searched and found that it can be accomplished through a webinterface (cgı based or not, I have no idea)Also another solution I found is using javascript that controls these 2 options (Read / Edit)" From now on, I decided to solve this through xmlformviewer.But I dont know actually if this allows multiuser edit or not. Has anyone any idea related to this?Kind regards,Ozgen BEKTAS

http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/p/14437/51309.aspx

• 03-07-2011 03:05 PM In reply to

Re: Xmlformviewer Multiuser Edit

Hi, why do you want to allow multiple users to have the same XML open at the same time?

If you do that then the last person to save the XML will overwrite everyone else's changes and thus you have data loss.

Unless I am misunderstanding your reuqest allowing multiple users to edit the same form at the same time is not a good idea!

Ted

• 03-08-2011 05:17 AM In reply to

Re: Xmlformviewer Multiuser Edit

Hi Ted;

You understood corrrectly :)

Everyone knows which part he/she should fullfill, so there isnt any problem. Time management is the main reason why I wanted to know if it can be accomplished or not. (IUsers shouldnt wait for another online user, although they would fullfill the different sections of the form.)

But  I solved it yesterday.

Kind regards,

Ozgen BEKTAS

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.