Help using expression to get around the 5 condition limit on rules - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Help using expression to get around the 5 condition limit on rules

Last post 03-07-2011 06:15 AM by tafavorite. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-24-2011 08:34 AM

• jenyo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2010
    • Posts 18

Help using expression to get around the 5 condition limit on rules

Hello,  I need help.

I am working on a form where I am trying to bypass the 5 condition limit on a rule by changing it to expression.  This is the first time I've tried this.  If its a string of  "and" it works fine but below is what I am trying to do and it seems stringing "and" & "or" does not work - it cuts off after 4 conditions.  Any advice would really be appreciated.  Thanks.

../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment1_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation1_1 = ""

or ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment2_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation2_1 = ""

or../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment3_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation3_1 = "" or ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment4_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation4_1 = ""

or ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment5_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation5_1 = "" or ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment6_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation6_1 = ""

or ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment7_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation7_1 = "" or ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment8_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation8_1 = ""

or ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment9_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation9_1 = "" or ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Assessment10_1 = "3" and ../my:Checklists_1/my:InspectionPoint_1/my:Recommendation10_1 =

• 02-25-2011 04:48 PM In reply to

Re: Help using expression to get around the 5 condition limit on rules

Have you tried grouping your expressions with parenthesis?

Hilary Stoupa

• 03-02-2011 05:44 AM In reply to

• jenyo
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-22-2010
    • Posts 18

Feel rather dumb not thinking of that.  It worked perfectly.  Thanks for your help!!

• 03-07-2011 05:57 AM In reply to

Im trying to do this, but dont think its working. here is a sample of my expression

(../my:UserFields/my:Name= "Yes" and ../my:UserFields/my:Business = "" or ../my:UserFields/my:Address = "" or ../my:UserFields/my:Association = "") or
    (../my:UserFields/my:Yes = "Yes" and ../my:UserFields/my:Name= "" or ../my:UserFields/my:Address= "") or....

What I have is a form that has 5 questions that are all yes/no rb and defaulted to no. If "yes" is selected then the text boxes (usually 2 or 3) have to be answered and are required. Am I not grouping the expression together correctly or using the wrong variables. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance.

• 03-07-2011 06:15 AM In reply to

Okay, figured it out. I was not seperating the second part of my expression "../my:UF/my:Bus = "" or ..... to say (../my:UF/my:Bus...)). so I should have had this (../my:UserFields/my:Name= "Yes" and (../my:UserFields/my:Business = "" or ../my:UserFields/my:Address = "" or ../my:UserFields/my:Association = "")) 

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.