Submit Infopath 2010 form to a Sharepoint 2010 form library whose name matches the value chosen by user in the form. - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit Infopath 2010 form to a Sharepoint 2010 form library whose name matches the value chosen by user in the form.

Last post 01-31-2011 11:25 AM by Ted Fitch. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2011 02:05 PM

Submit Infopath 2010 form to a Sharepoint 2010 form library whose name matches the value chosen by user in the form.

Hi,

I have a browser enabled, admin approved infopath 2010 form, that is currently submitting to a single form library o which I created submit data conenction.

But I need to submit this form to various different form libraries/folders based on for which location the user is submittign the form for. Location is a value that user selects from a dropdown while filling the form.

I intend to create different form libraries/ folder in the Sharepoint site whose name matches the locations name in the form drop down.

Can I write code on submit to , to create teh URL/data connection ot hte Sahrepoitn library that matches the name of the location user selected.

All this I need, so that I can control the visibility of the forms submitted by location. I can provide access permissions to each folder based on the location the user belogns ot then.

I found a thread http://www.infopathdev.com/forums/t/11400.aspx , but not sure how much it is helpful,a s it keeps submiting to only one dataconnecion that i specify.

Appreciate any help

• 01-28-2011 03:53 PM In reply to

Re: Submit Infopath 2010 form to a Sharepoint 2010 form library whose name matches the value chosen by user in the form.

Hi Anita,

There are a couple of ways to do this as far as I know:

1. Have multiple data connections in your form, each referencing to the different possible libraries you want to submit to.  Create a submit button for each of those libraries and then using conditional formatting to show/hide the correct button for the library.  The disadvantages here of course is that it could be a lot of work to maintain this in the form.

2. Write your own code to do this

3. Use our qRules product which has a command to dynamically "Change Submit URL" which means you can manage the library the form is being submitted to pretty easily since it's dynamic based upon values you store in your form.

Hope that helps!

Ted

• 01-30-2011 07:31 PM In reply to

Re: Submit Infopath 2010 form to a Sharepoint 2010 form library whose name matches the value chosen by user in the form.

Ted,

Thanks for your reply.

I can try to write some code myself. But would need some guidelines to get going.

Is that someone out there who have already attempted. Appreciate any insights on how hard it is to write your own code to achieve this.

thanks,

Anita.

• 01-31-2011 11:25 AM In reply to

Hi Anita,

I don't write code myself so I can't speak to that - perhaps someone else could chime in.

We designed qRules for people like me that use InfoPath and want to expose advanced functionality normally only available with code.

Ted

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.