Updating Version - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Updating Version

Last post 10-21-2005 01:04 PM by Greg Collins. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-17-2005 11:19 AM

Updating Version

Does Infopath allow for some sort of updating process to the version of the form? If I have a user that created a document using version A - could he / she update the version of the form (keeping the existing data) if say version B of the form offered a new option?
  • 10-17-2005 11:53 AM In reply to

InfoPath has built-in Upgrade features. If you use the InfoPath designer to develop your data source (schema), etc, it will even account for fields that have been added, etc.

If for some reason the default upgrade.xsl doesn't do it, you can always write your own.

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPath Dev
  • 10-18-2005 04:07 AM In reply to

I'm not sure I phrased that question correctly. If I am opening an .xml from a previous version of the current template, is there some way it can be updated? My outside sales force will create 'templates' that will have to be updated when new products are offered.
  • 10-21-2005 01:04 PM In reply to

I don't know if I understand you question yet - sorry. I believe I was answering your question, but maybe not.

If you have FormTemplate v1.0 and create Form A from it, and then you upgrade FormTemplate to v1.5, there is a default upgrade.xsl that will make sure that Form A is compatible with the schema changes when you open it in v1.5.

If upgrade.xsl doesn't exist or doesn't do the job you need, there is a way to write you own upgrade.xsl or do the upgrade via code.

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPath Dev
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.