Submit to "SQL Server" a digitally signed form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit to "SQL Server" a digitally signed form

Last post 01-11-2011 08:00 PM by josera. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-07-2011 02:16 AM

• josera
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-27-2010
    • Sacheon (South Korea)
    • Posts 9

Submit to "SQL Server" a digitally signed form

Hi,

I use Infopath 2007, VBScript and "SQL Server 2008". My forms are digitally signed and at the end of the process they are saved and I also need its data to be stored in the database. The form contains the signature of three different people and when the third signature is done, the form is saved and then the data should be stored in the DB.

The problem is that when I submit it, I get the error:
    "This value has been digitally signed and cannot be changed"

Of course I do not try to change anything, I just submit. I have been trying with different databases, different forms, different trust settings and basically everything that I could think of but If it signed I always get the same error. When there are no signatures, there are never problems to submit.

If I only had one signature, I could first submit and then sign it and save it. But at the end of the process I already have the two previous signatures so there is no way to submit it.

Could somebody tell me if there is a way to submit a signed form to "SQL Server"? Your help will be very much appreciated.

Josera

• 01-07-2011 04:35 AM In reply to

Re: Submit to "SQL Server" a digitally signed form

Hi Josera,

Not sure. We built a Web Service to submit to databases and our Web Service (DBXL) supports signed forms just fine. My guess is that you are using a direct DB connection and that somehow changes during the submit process as a result of where your digisigs are located in the form. Random guess though ...

Best of luck!

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 01-11-2011 08:00 PM In reply to

• josera
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-27-2010
    • Sacheon (South Korea)
    • Posts 9

Re: Submit to "SQL Server" a digitally signed form

I think I found the reason why signed forms cannot be submitted to a database. If you use Web services, in one of the Data connection wizard windows, there is a check box that reads:

Submit data as string. Note: Digitally signed data must be submitted as a string to preserve white spaces.

This means that during the submit process white spaces are removed and then the digital signature hash of the file will not match. Probably, this is what happens during the DB submit too.

Even though there is a solution from Infopath for Web services submit, I could not find any solution for DB submit.

Has anyone found how to submit a signed form to a DB with a direct Infopath solution or with any workaround?

Any help will be much appreciated.

Josera

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.