Draft Versus Final Version - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Draft Versus Final Version

Last post 10-28-2010 01:00 AM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-27-2010 03:42 PM

Draft Versus Final Version

I have an InfoPath 2007 Web Based form that uses a data connection to submit to a document library. As soon somebody submits, a workflow starts for that document. I would like to add another button that just saves a draft of that document in another document library, on the same site, so before they submit they can work on it. For this reason, I created another Data Connection to the second document library. Is there any way to get the button name (or some other identifier that which button submits) and open the right Data connection and then submits using FormEvents_Submit method? Is that possible at all?
  • 10-28-2010 01:00 AM In reply to

Re: Draft Versus Final Version

You have to write code.

Never fear though - we added a command to qRules so you don't have to write code. It lets you save a form to a separate doc library on a button click. Fun and handy. Here's a link: http://www.infopathdev.com/files/folders/qrules/entry40104.aspx

Try the free trial download below. Qdabra pays for this free forum and we use qRules to help defray the cost. It's a loss leader and doesn't make us a profit but it does help people quickly get unblocked.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.