View Permissions - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

View Permissions

Last post 10-29-2010 03:01 PM by Ted Fitch. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-25-2010 07:44 AM

View Permissions

Hi,

I have a form which on submitting I want to have an admin view to be accessible and updateable by admins defined on a SharePoint list, only. Any other user will go to a confirmation page - is this possible at all?

I've looked at the extended workflow permissions that are possible from codeplex, but these result in an ugly InfoPath error on saving the form.

Thanks,

Jason.

• 10-26-2010 09:34 AM In reply to

Jason, is this "admin page" something you want in the InfoPath form itself?  Or something in SharePoint?  It's not clear to me exactly where this page is.

If it's in InfoPath you could just create an admin "view" in your form that would be editable only by people in the right SharePoint group.

Ted

• 10-28-2010 02:12 AM In reply to

Hi Ted,

Thanks for the response back. It's a 'view' within the InfoPath form itself, sorry for not clarifying.

I'm just not quite sure how to link a sharepoint group to the editable view in the form. I was thinking about cross-checking the current user account with a sharepoint list which has a column in it with a defined allowed list of user account who can update the view on the form, but I wasn't sure how to go about doing that either!

Thanks,

Jason.

• 10-29-2010 03:01 PM In reply to

Hi Jason,

Can you use "User Roles" in InfoPath?

If you use User Roles in your form you will be able to cross check the user against a SharePoint group, an Active Directory group or a hard coded alias in your form.  Then you can use on load rules to switch the form to the right view when the form opens.

You might find this tutorial on MSDN helpful:

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb251015(office.12).aspx

Ted

Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.