Cannot access information across domains error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Cannot access information across domains error

Last post 11-29-2010 09:13 PM by josera. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-21-2010 04:43 PM

• starrg
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 01-25-2010
    • Posts 3

Cannot access information across domains error

I'm integrating InfoPath forms with Sharepont. Pulling from and posting to a SPS list is no problem. When using a data connection to an SQL table I receive a Cannot Access information Across Domains" error.  I can't find a solution to this issue anywhere. Both servers are in the same sub domain (healthcare.uiowa.edu). Unfortunately still using InfoPath 2003 and Sharepoint 2003 (healthcare is a slow adopter when they aren't really interested). Anyway, any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

George Starr
    IT Supervisor
    Center for Disabilities and Development
    University of Iowa Childrens Hospital
  • 09-22-2010 12:23 PM In reply to

Re: Cannot access information across domains error

Cross domains permissions setup with InfoPath can be a real pain to setup.  Many of our customers find our products because they just couldn't get it working in their environment.

We have a generic web service called DBXL that solves the cross domain issue and at the same time makes it easier for you to get your InfoPath data into SQL.

DBXL also makes querying from SharePoint and or SQL easy as well.

You can read more about DBXL here: http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/DBXL.aspx and I would be happy to demo the tool to you if you want to see it in action and understand it works.

Send me a private message if you would like more information or a demo.

Ted

• 11-29-2010 09:13 PM In reply to

• josera
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 07-27-2010
    • Sacheon (South Korea)
    • Posts 9

Re: Cannot access information across domains error

To remove the error go to Internet Explorer > Tools > Internet Options > Security tab > Click Internet zone > Click Custom level... button > in Miscellaneous/Access data sources across domains click Enable.

Hope it woks for you. Please tell us.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.