Copy Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Copy Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section

Last post 09-23-2010 06:03 AM by regisburns. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-20-2010 02:55 PM

Copy Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section

I have searched high and low on  how to copy and paste a repeating table inside a repeating section.  I havent been able to find the right solution yet so I'm hoping someone in this forum can help me out.  On my form I have a repeating table nested inside a repeating section.  I have 2 button inside my repeating section (Copy and Paste).  I would like the users to be able to copy all entries of the table inside a particular instance of a section, and paste all entries in the copied table into another instance of the repeating section.  I'm assuming how this should work is when a user clicks the copy button inside a instance of a section, it copys the table in that section to a temporary repeating table.  Then the user click paste inside the section of choice and all entries are copied from the temp table to the table inside that particular seciton instance.  Maybe I am thinking wrong though?  And I am not experienced anough in coding to put those words into code.  So any help would be greatly appreciated!  I program in C#.

I attached a copy of my form.

Thanks!

Regis

• 09-22-2010 12:26 PM In reply to

Re: Copy Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section

Hi Regis,

Have you looked at our qRules product? http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/qRules.aspx

qRules is a collection of commands in InfoPath that require code, however, you don't need to know the code to use the commands - you call the code via rules in InfoPath.

One of the most populate commands in qRules is the copy table command and I think you could use that command or our other table commands to accomplish what you want to do.

We do offer a trial version of the tool so you can try it out before you purchase but our customers have been very happy with qRules.

Ted

• 09-23-2010 06:03 AM In reply to

Re: Copy Repeating Table inside a Repeating Section

Ted,

I have taken a look at the qRules product and I think it could add alot of value to what I do.  Unfortunately I am faced with a deadline on my current project and getting a software purchase made at my organization isnt a quick and easy process.  So I am hoping for a solution that doesn't require me to make an additional purchase at this time.

Thanks!

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.