Does moving a form using VSTA into Visual Studio mean end users require the VSTO runtime? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Does moving a form using VSTA into Visual Studio mean end users require the VSTO runtime?

Last post 09-21-2010 11:59 PM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 09-16-2010 07:11 PM

Does moving a form using VSTA into Visual Studio mean end users require the VSTO runtime?

I have an existing InfoPath 2007 form that has some code behind developed with VSTA. It has been deployed to SharePoint as an administrator-approved form but is *not* browser based - the InfoPath client opens when users fill in a new form.

I'd now like to move this code into Visual Studio so it's easier to manage with the rest of the solution and integrated with source control. I've found the instructions in "How to: Migrate a Project Created in Visual Studio Tools for Applications to Visual Studio" at http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/aa947042(office.11).aspx but have a question.

Will migrating the form to Visual Studio introduce a dependency on the VSTO runtime? Does it mean end users will need to have it deployed to their machines for the form to run?

Thanks for any help!

• 09-21-2010 11:59 PM In reply to

Re: Does moving a form using VSTA into Visual Studio mean end users require the VSTO runtime?

Shouldn't require that. We do lots of work in Visual Studio and users don't have to have anything on their computers other than InfoPath.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.