Check that digits are random numbers - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Check that digits are random numbers

Last post 08-16-2010 02:27 AM by Bill McGuire. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-16-2010 01:47 AM

Check that digits are random numbers

Hi

Could someone please assist me with this issue? I need staff to enter in a 10 digit tax number, I am already checking that the first digit is one of 3 specific numbers, but now to bypass the required field, people will enter in 10 "0's" or 10 of another number. Can I check that these 10 digits are not 10 of the same thing?

Many thanks in advance.

Bill

• 08-16-2010 02:08 AM In reply to

Re: Check that digits are random numbers

This sounds like a hack to me, while the problem lies in the people filling out the form and not the form itself.  If you prevent 10 of the same number, then people will just use 0000055555, etc. and so on.

I'd suggest placing a clear note in red telling people to enter a real tax number, and reject any forms that don't follow those instructions. 

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 08-16-2010 02:27 AM In reply to

Re: Check that digits are random numbers

Hi I could not agree more, and the submission will eventually be rejected. Unfortunately, as the form goes through a workflow, it can be a few days before the form will be rejected by the administrator resulting in the whole process having to start over again. If it was possible to prevent using a validation, at least it saving time a grief in the long run!!Many thanks. 

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.