HEEELPPP - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

HEEELPPP

Last post 06-27-2005 11:14 PM by Patrick Halstead. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-23-2005 02:52 PM

HEEELPPP

It seems like everytime I publish the form to the sharepoint library and I tell somebody in our company to use the form they get the following error:

I end up having to recreate the whole form and mess with everything and it starts working agian. ITs REALLY REALLY FRUSTRATING.

Is is caused by if the sharepoint library has one of the fields from the form that is driven by a dataconnection to the same library?

Form template:http://blablalbla.net/sites/documentcontrol/Transmittal1/Forms/template.xsn
    The following DataObject either cannot be created or cannot be initialized: Transmittal
    The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: Transmittal
    InfoPath cannot run the specified query.
    Access is denied.
  • 06-23-2005 06:42 PM In reply to

Hi Rilliam,
    In the designer, go to Tools->Data Connections and send us info on the Transmittal query. Then, we might have some idea about what it is. Sounds like it may be a web service or something that is not on the domain of the SharePoint site or perhaps there is some local DB that cannot be accessed. Just some guesses until I hear more.

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 06-24-2005 03:09 PM In reply to

details:

name: transmittals
    type: retrieve data
    sharepoint site:http://blabla.net/sites/documentcontrol/
    data source type: seconday data source
    data retreived: every time form is opened

The privew works perfectly, and it works on my machine from sharepoint but when it tell someone else to use the form i get that really flaky error message. What I have been doing is just rebuilding the entire form or I will delete the data connection and recreate it and publish, or I will delete the library and republish, etc. just to get it to work. Its really frustrating.
  • 06-27-2005 11:14 PM In reply to

Hmmm. I don't know. Seems like some kind of SharePoint permissions issue. Do you have the blabla.net in your Trusted Sites or Local Intranet sites? Is it in the same domain as the site where you published the form? Lastly, another more distant possibility is that there's something about the Transmittals query that is changing and causing InfoPath's cached xsd to become invalid, but that wouldn't explain the access denied issue. Probably a permissions issue with domain trust. If you publish Full Trust do you get the same problem? If not, then it's definitely a domain trust permission thing.

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.