Anonymously Submit InfoPath Form to SharePoint Library - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Anonymously Submit InfoPath Form to SharePoint Library

Last post 05-19-2010 11:32 PM by Patrick Halstead. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-06-2010 08:13 AM

Anonymously Submit InfoPath Form to SharePoint Library

I have a question regarding submision of Infopath browser enabled forms.

I have a a browser enabled form that needs to be opened and submitted by anonymous users. I followed this article:

http://blog.metrostarsystems.com/2009/06/04/anonymously-submit-infopath-form-to-sharepoint-library/ 

but when I click the submit button i get an error saying "There has been an error while processing the form ...", in both cases: anonymously and as authenticated user.

If I don't use custom code for submitting the form and insted I use simple Submition to the Main Data Connection (with rules), I can submit the form as authenticated user, but not anonymously.

So my question is: Is it possible to submit an Infopath browser enabled form (administrator approved) to a Sharepoint Form Library ANONYMOUSLY and how? Or should I stop looking for a solution?

Thanks in advance.

Boris 

• 05-19-2010 11:32 PM In reply to

Re: Anonymously Submit InfoPath Form to SharePoint Library

One idea would be to use the email submit option which allows submitting a form to SharePoint via email. Email can be configured to work with SharePoint browser forms. This will essentially add the forum from the user account configured to submit the email, i.e. anonymously.

I'm guessing there is a way to do this without the email approach too, but may require configuring InfoPath Forms Services from the server.

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.