Installation form error - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Installation form error

Last post 06-21-2005 07:28 PM by Patrick Halstead. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-08-2005 07:50 AM

Installation form error

I have an MSI file for installation of InfoPath form.
    When I tried to install it I get an error massage the the form already installed on my machin and that i need to uninstall it (Go to Add/Remove programs) But the template of this form DONT exist on my machin and nothing in the Add/Remove programs!!
    What's the problem???
  • 06-12-2005 07:01 AM In reply to

Re: Installation form error

If you open InfoPath In the "Fill out a Form" window that comes up do you see your form in the All forms category? Can you select each of the forms and click on Remove this form. If you have the form installed on your machine then you will not be able to remove that form.

Shanthi
    InfoPathDev India
    Shanthi Reddy
  • 06-19-2005 12:08 AM In reply to

I open "Fill out Form" and the problematic foem not apear there. But I still can't install the form!
  • 06-21-2005 07:28 PM In reply to

Hi Liorlankri,
    Indeed, you are one of the most prolific posters. Where are you located? Do you drink coffee? Can you send us some of your java? :) Just kidding!

Anyway, if the form does not appear in the "Fill Out a Form" dialog, that means it is not registered which means the MSI to install the form didn't work or was not run. Please buy a copy of my book and read up on how to use regform to create your MSIs. Regform is a nice SDK tool that will create an MSI for you that installs a template on your machine.

Good luck!

Patrick Halstead [InfoPath MVP]
    InfoPathDev
    Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.