Infopath is working offline.. GetUserProfileByName Web service - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath is working offline.. GetUserProfileByName Web service

Last post 05-12-2014 04:10 AM by Catharine. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-19-2010 06:16 AM

Infopath is working offline.. GetUserProfileByName Web service

Hi Everyone,

First time poster... Long time fan..

I just discovered the wonderful at of using GetUserProfileByName to query the sharepointweb service for the active user's information.. ie.. name, email, managerid, etc.  The form works beautifully..  My problem is, I published the form to Sharepoint as a content type, but everytime I open the form now, I get a message saying my Infopath is Offline, and that it can't query my DataObject for my information.

Error: Offline data is currently unavailable.  Some fields in the form may be empty.

The query cannot be run for the following DataObject: GetUserProfileByName
    InfoPath cannot run the specified query.
    You are working offline. InfoPath will use offline data instead of connecting to external data sources. If no offline data is available, some form elements, such as drop-down lists, may be blank

I'm really at a loss, I've been digging through the net looking for a solution, but weirdly, haven't found one.  Why is my InfoPath showing up as Offline?  Is that the root cause of my problem, or is my actual web service configuration the problem?  As I said before, works fine locally on my computer, its when I open it after publishing it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Greg

• 03-19-2010 06:25 AM In reply to

Re: Infopath is working offline.. GetUserProfileByName Web service

Can you check that you don't have Work Offline checked under the File menu?

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 03-19-2010 06:38 AM In reply to

Jimmy:

Can you check that you don't have Work Offline checked under the File menu?

Not sure what to say.. Kind of embarassed now..  It was checked and I knew it was offline.. but I didn't think the form would automatically open up in Offline mode, especially considering it would open up fine locally on my computer.  (So I unchecked it, and opened a new form and it opened up fine)

Thank you again..

• 05-12-2014 03:51 AM In reply to

Hi All,

I have a similar problem.

I have an InfoPath browser enabled form.  I am developing it on my laptop and when I preview it works fine, connecting to all the data connections etc.

I save and publish the form to a form library in SharePoint and I get the

InfoPath cannot run the specified query.
    You are working offline. InfoPath will use offline data instead of connecting to external data sources. If no offline data is available, some form elements, such as drop-down lists, may be blank. 

Everytime I re-publish the form and try and open from SharePoint I get prompted to update my form - which works fine (I have a version number displayed on my form so I can ensure it has been updated)

But it is still working offline. I have looked in the Advanced Form Options - and there doesn't seem to be any setting making the form run offline.

This seemed to start after I deleted a SharePoint List and forgot to delete the data connection to it. I have subsequently deleted the data connection - and have this issue.

Please can you point me in the right direction.

Catharine

• 05-12-2014 04:10 AM In reply to

Have it working now.....

I was only looking at the FILE section when developing... not when I had opened the form.  I have now "reconnected" and it seems to open ok.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.