Infopath 07 submission of automated forms - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath 07 submission of automated forms

Last post 03-17-2010 09:36 PM by warrtalon. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 03-17-2010 06:58 AM

Infopath 07 submission of automated forms

Normal 0 false false false EN-US X-NONE X-NONE MicrosoftInternetExplorer4 /* Style Definitions */ table.MsoNormalTable {mso-style-name:"Table Normal"; mso-tstyle-rowband-size:0; mso-tstyle-colband-size:0; mso-style-noshow:yes; mso-style-priority:99; mso-style-qformat:yes; mso-style-parent:""; mso-padding-alt:0in 5.4pt 0in 5.4pt; mso-para-margin-top:0in; mso-para-margin-right:0in; mso-para-margin-bottom:10.0pt; mso-para-margin-left:0in; line-height:115%; mso-pagination:widow-orphan; font-size:11.0pt; font-family:"Calibri","sans-serif"; mso-ascii-font-family:Calibri; mso-ascii-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-fareast-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-fareast-theme-font:minor-fareast; mso-hansi-font-family:Calibri; mso-hansi-theme-font:minor-latin; mso-bidi-font-family:"Times New Roman"; mso-bidi-theme-font:minor-bidi;}

Infopath 07 submission of forms. I am trying to consolidate the old fashion use of paper for our company into a automated infopath form. I have created the form and have 4 different design tasks. The 1st is the initial form that staff will fill in. There is a submit button what will send it to the correct email address, but will not populate the 2nd view of the form. I want the staff to fill out the 1st design task--> populates in form 2 for next step in approval-->2nd design gets approved and submitted--> populates to 3rd design view--> 3rd task gets approved--> populates new email to last chain in command-->final approval will email the 1st approver to begin the task.

Each design view has a submit button:
    1st design view: Rule: Submit to Division  NO CONDITIONS
               Switch to view: 2 Division Approval
               Submit using a data connection: Submit for Division Approval
                       Emails Division according to field label
                       Send the form data as an attachment
                            Attachment Name: "Division Approval -",field Staff_Email"
                                   Submit for Division Approval
               Close this form: No Prompt
    2nd design view: Rule 5 (Approve_Disapprove = ) ((option button 1 set to approve)) ( Condition: Approve_Disapprove =1)
                       Show dialog box message: Your submission has been approved
                       Submit using a data connection: Email Submit 3
                       Emails Division according to field label
                            Attachment Name: 3 Department Approval
                                     Email Submit 3
                   Rule 5b: (Approve_Disapprove =2) ((disapprove set to 2)) ( Condition: Approve_Disapprove = 2)
                        Submit using a data connection: Email Submit 2
                               Attachment Name: Division Approval        
                                  Email Submit 2
                        Show dialog box expression: "Your request has been denied."
    3rd design view: Rule: Rule_Dept_1 (Approval_2 =1) (Condition: Approval_2 =1)
                  Submit using a data connection: #### Approval
                               Attachment Name: #### Manager Approval        
                                  #### Manager Approval
    4th design view: Rule 1a (Approval_3 =1) (Condition:Approval_3 =1)
                  Show dialogue box message: The request has been approved.
                  Submit using a data connection: #### Manager Approval for Tree Removal
                               Submit using a data connection: #### Approval
                             To: Staff_Name3  
                             Attachment Name: #### Manager Approval for Tree Removal to Division        
                                  #### Manager Approval for Tree Removal to Division
              Rule 1b (Approve_3 =2)
                       Submit using a data connection: #### Manager Denied your Request
                             Attachment Name: #### Manager Denied for Tree Removal        
                                  #### Manager Denied Your Request for Tree Removal
                        Close this form: No Prompt

Problems that I am encountering:
    1) After first form is submitted it goes to correct email address, but does not switch to 2nd view for Division Approval?
    2) Can not find any more as of yet because i am failing on the first step!!

We do not use share point (sadly)

From What I understand, I will need to add some logical statements to make the correct form send to the next person in command. What exactly should my logical statements be. 

Any ideas would help and thank you!!

• 03-17-2010 09:36 PM In reply to

Re: Infopath 07 submission of automated forms

I think the problem is you are expecting the form to open in the view where it was submitted, but that's not how InfoPath works.  InfoPath always opens to the default view unless you add a Form Load rule that tells it otherwise.  Switching the view before submission does not "set" the view.  You need to go to Tools > Form Options> Open & Save > Rules.  Here, set conditional rules that switch the view based off the current workflow status.  Use a hidden field to set this workflow status each time it is submitted.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.