Display read-only view based on current user's permissions to the item - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Display read-only view based on current user's permissions to the item

Last post 03-10-2010 06:58 AM by Paradiddle. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-28-2010 05:29 AM

Display read-only view based on current user's permissions to the item

I'm working my way through my first web-enabled InfoPath form that I've published to a SharePoint document library and I'm stuck.  When a user opens the web-enabled form in SharePoint I would like to determine the user's access (according to SharePoint) to the item and based on that open either an editable or a readonly version.  Is this doable?  Would it be a lot easier if the form wasn't web enabled?

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks

• 01-28-2010 04:29 PM In reply to

Re: Display read-only view based on current user's permissions to the item

Hi and welcome to the InfoPath Dev forums.

In the InfoPath rich client you could easily do what you need using InfoPath User Roles.  However, User Roles are not supported in the browser form.

There are some workarounds (creating a simple web service to query the user who opens the forms permissions in another list somewhere for example) but most of these workarounds are a lot of work.

Does your solution require that you use a browser form?  Or can it be a client form?  User Roles in the client form work great and do exactly what you need without very much work at all.

Ted

• 03-10-2010 06:58 AM In reply to

Re: Display read-only view based on current user's permissions to Web-enable InfoPath form in Sharepoint

There are some very clever people out there.  Here is one of them:  http://www.delphi-ts.com/blogs/lozzi/post/2009/11/04/Accessing-Users-Sharepoint-Permissions-in-InfoPath.aspx

A little C# code and problem solved.

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.