reflecting changes done in outer xml file - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

reflecting changes done in outer xml file

Last post 01-15-2010 09:35 AM by Jimmy. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2010 06:50 AM

reflecting changes done in outer xml file

i am designing a new form from an XML document. From the data source, I dragged out one of the repeating elements of the xml document into the form. on previewing the form, every element in the repeating elements is displayed properly.

Now, I added another element into the repeated elements of xml file. Please suggest a way to reflect this change done in outer xml file into the infopath.

• 01-15-2010 07:08 AM In reply to

Re: reflecting changes done in outer xml file

I'm having trouble figuring out what you're describing.  Are you saying you:

Modified an XML form outside of InfoPath and now want to view it in InfoPath again?

If so, just open it in InfoPath again.  Of course, if you added XML that violates the form's schema, it's not going to work.

Added a new field to a repeating section and want your existing XML forms to have this field as well?

If so, turn on the upgrade feature Tools->Form Options->Versioning, and then open the file in InfoPath.

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
  • 01-15-2010 07:28 AM In reply to

Jimmy,

Yes, I added a new field to a repeating section and want existing XML forms to have this field as well.

but, I did not find Versioning under Tools->Form Options. I am using Infopath 2003.

• 01-15-2010 09:35 AM In reply to

In IP2003, it's on the Advanced tab in Form Options.  Make sure "Automatically upgrade existing forms" is selected for On Version Upgrade.

Jimmy Rishe / Software Developer / Microsoft MVP
    Qdabra Software
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.