Infopath Function - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Infopath Function

Last post 01-18-2010 07:10 AM by ricomarcelo. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 01-15-2010 05:20 AM

Infopath Function

Hi

I have a repeating table bound to secondary data source which returns variable xml().

Row1 ID Name Total Maths Physics Chemistry ................ 15 columns are there which contains Marks

but sometimes there may be only 3 columns. I have to sum the marks to show in Total.
    Remember this is bound to secondary data source.
    With xpath functions can i write something like this

Rule1 for Maths- (When Maths marks changes)
    If Physics present Total = Maths+Physics
    If Chemistry present Total = Maths + Physics+Chemistry
    etc.....................................

Tnx

• 01-17-2010 04:14 PM In reply to

You'd need to use different conditions for each rule. Start with the one with the most conditions and work your way back, I think -- so your first rule would have the condition "If Algebra is present AND Geometry is present AND Chemistry is present AND Physics is present...." and then the action would set the Total field to the correct value. Since the UI only provides room for 5 conditions, you may need to use "The expression" in the last condition and just write your own: "my:Chemistry and my:Physics" or whatever your actual XPath looks like for your fields. Your second rule would include one less column, and so on, until you get to a single condition.

Hilary Stoupa

• 01-18-2010 07:10 AM In reply to

Hi meandinfopath,

I was also trying to have that functionality on my form though I set it aside for a while till I'm done with other more important stuff my form needs.

If I'm not mistaken you're trying to do some sort of "pivot table" report here. As an InfoPath newbie, I don't really know if this is possible at all with InfoPath. Maybe it is but it's going to be a tall order specially for myself. So if you find yourself stuck, you might want to just utilize Excel for this while struggling to find a solution in InfoPath. Have InfoPath do the data entry part and Excel do the reporting part. Just place a hyperlink of the Excel document on your InfoPath form and that's it.

- Ric

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.