how can i access data from another form - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

how can i access data from another form

Last post 12-04-2009 06:21 AM by Qazi Anis. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 12-04-2009 02:34 AM

• buzzby
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 07-11-2005
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 60

how can i access data from another form

Hi, Here is the scenario i have. I have created a form that represents the life cycle of a master project. This is a browser enabled form that sites in sharepoint (MOSS). I know need to create a new form that represents sub projects within the master project. Some of the views within this sub project form reference data from the master project form. These form have / are being developed in visual studio 2008 as form templates that are then published to the forms server. I am wondering what people would recommend as the best way to get data from the master project form. I could promote the fields i wanbt and then read the form library information but i really want a more dynamic solution so i dont have to had a lot of promoted fields. Ideally is there a way i can get the XML of the form (assume i know the address of the XML file) via c#. Hopefully formservices has something to let me do this. Thanks in advance Paul
  • 12-04-2009 06:21 AM In reply to

Re: how can i access data from another form

you can read xml file and populate the values from master form to child forms. but this will require a coding. you will need to create a small utility that will basically go and read the xml of the master form and create a child form based on that

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.