InfoPath performance - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

InfoPath performance

Last post 11-07-2009 10:11 AM by bububu. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-07-2009 05:55 AM

• bububu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2009
    • Posts 3

InfoPath performance

I use Infopat2003 to create, to modify and to show xml file. The operator has to navigate in the full file. The file structure is define by xml schemas. This schema contains a element built with attribut (optionnel or not) and some elements sequence which can occured many times. There are many levels of elements. To display them, I use extensible table using extensible table ...

To check consisyency of the data insisde the file, i use validation rule or VB script (OnValidate).

When the file is small InfoPath works normally and the operator can easly enter the data. But when the file is big it's not the case. When the file is bigger than 200k the time need to insert line, to remove line, to search, ..  inside a table is uncompatible with the operator work. When the file is bigger than 300k, it can't be loaded even after 1 hour.

What can I do to solve these performance problem

• 11-07-2009 07:39 AM In reply to

How is the file getting to 200k and 300k?  Even my huge InfoPath forms don't get anywhere near that size.  What data inside the form is taking up so much space - pictures or file attachments?

• 11-07-2009 09:33 AM In reply to

• bububu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2009
    • Posts 3

It isn't the size of the form but the size of the Xml file containing the data.

• 11-07-2009 09:46 AM In reply to

I know.  My point is that even with a huge template and tons of fields, it's not normal to see forms that large in terms of file size.  The XML is a very small footprint.

• 11-07-2009 10:11 AM In reply to

• bububu
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-07-2009
    • Posts 3

In fact, my Infopath form allows to see for exemple a list of people with some of their characteristic. The form that I use display a table with in the first column the name of the people and in the second column the adresses, in the third the telephone numbers. With InfoPath form all these informations are displayed. I show not only the informations for one people but all informations that can take place in a screen. I use next page to show the following information that can be displayed.  In some case I have to move the place of one people information. It's only an example to help you to understand the process used to display the Xml data file.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.