Submit a Form on Closing InfoPath issue - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit a Form on Closing InfoPath issue

Last post 10-31-2009 09:40 AM by Qazi Anis. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-30-2009 05:22 AM

Submit a Form on Closing InfoPath issue

Hi, 

When a user is filling out a form and then clicks to close infopath without saving/submitting the form they get an message asking them if they want to submit the form.  If they click yes and there are validation errors, the user gets a message stating this fact, but on clicking OK the form closes down anyway.  Personally I believe it should stay in the form and allow them to correct to the validation errors.

Anybody else hav any thoughts on this or is there some magic option to implement what I want to achieve.

Thanks

• 10-30-2009 06:15 AM In reply to

Re: Submit a Form on Closing InfoPath issue

hi Johnjay01,

when a user closes infopath, the form shows a popup saying whether you want to save the form not submit the form. so if uses choses to save it just saves the form

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
  • 10-31-2009 04:51 AM In reply to

When you don't have the save/save as option checked in the form options screen then the prompt on closing the form says "do you want to submit form xxxx.xml" . This is why I posted the question in the first place.  (Note, I don't want the save/save as options enabled)

So to go back to the original question, does anybody know of a workaround for this "issue" or is it a feature in Infopath.

thanks

• 10-31-2009 09:40 AM In reply to

hi,

well i think you disable your submit also and give a submit button to submit the form

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.