Submit a form in a workflow and switch view - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit a form in a workflow and switch view

Last post 10-29-2009 07:25 AM by warrtalon. 4 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 10-01-2009 01:47 PM

• pablin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-01-2009
    • Posts 2

Submit a form in a workflow and switch view

Hi, I'm new to both Infopath and MOSS workflow. I have an InfoPath form with multiple views (about 5). The first one is a menu, with buttons to switch to the other 4 views. Each of the other views has some fields and a "Save" button. The form is part of a MOSS workflow and runs as a web form. The intended behavior when clicking the "Save" button on each view, is to submit the data to MOSS, and switch to the View 1 (Menu view), so the data is safe, but the user can continue editing the form. To accomplish this, I added a rule to the button with 2 actions: 1- Submit information. 2- Switch view to menu view. When I click the submit menu, however, the form switches to the view but the data is not submitted (If I go back to tasks and re-open the form, none of the data I entered shows up). Any hint on how to accomplish this? If I switch the action 2 to "Close the form", the data is saved as expected, but the user has to do an additional click to re-open the form, since closing the forms results in the user being redirected to the tasks list instead of the first view of the form. Thanks in advance
    Filed under: , ,
  • 10-01-2009 06:47 PM In reply to

Re: Submit a form in a workflow and switch view

hi pablin,

would you like to give us more info abt your forms, like

are they browser enabled or not.

are you working in infopath 07 or infopath 03.

and how do you save the form.

if the form is to be opened in client the

this.save()

should be enough to save the form.

Check the submit connection for errors if you are using it.

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
  • 10-02-2009 05:45 AM In reply to

• pablin
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 10-01-2009
    • Posts 2

Hi, Thank you for your answer. I'm using InfoPath 07 and the form is browser enabled. I open it as part of a MOSS Workflow, via the browser. To save, I submit to SharePoint. Thank you
  • 10-02-2009 08:29 AM In reply to

this.submit() can be used to submit the form using code. But let me tell you one thing saving and submitting are two different things. for submitting there should be no errors on the form and for saving there can be errors. saving is just creatign a WIP(work in progress) copy. and submit is used for complete document But in some case where there is no or less datavalidation submit and save can be used interchangable

Qazi Anis
    Technical Architect
    Bitwise Inc
  • 10-29-2009 07:25 AM In reply to

That should work no problem, so you must have a logic error.  I do this frequently where I have custom buttons for submitting, and I either submit + close, or I submit + some other actions + do not close.  If it submits, it submits...no other way around it.  Doesn't matter if you switch views, it should have submitted the data.

Page 1 of 1 (5 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.