Error loading InfoPath project - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Error loading InfoPath project

Last post 11-18-2004 12:46 AM by jonbrave. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 11-09-2004 08:03 AM

• barnesd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-09-2004
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 3

Error loading InfoPath project

Hello I created an infopath project in V1 with InfoPath SP1 and the VB.NET Add-In. I have now updated to Office SP1 and downloaded the VB.NET Add-In again and tried to load my solution file and get a message saying.

InfoPath has encountered an error. The operation falid....

And then I cannot get into my infopath Project,

Does anybody have any ideas.
  • 11-11-2004 10:44 AM In reply to

Re: Error loading InfoPath project

First try deleting your BIN and OBJ folders and then trying to open it again.

If that doesn't do it, take a look at the following thread on Google Groups and see if it helps:

http://groups.google.com/groups?q=infopath+collins+gacutil&hl=en&lr=&selm=eNSvkVMhEHA.596%40TK2MSFTNGP11.phx.gbl&rnum=1

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]
  • 11-12-2004 02:18 AM In reply to

• barnesd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-09-2004
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 3

Hello Greg,

I tried deleting the Bin File and Obj File and then tried running the gacutil.exe /cdl and it still didn't work.

Do you have any other ideas....
  • 11-12-2004 10:54 AM In reply to

Time consuming is your task now...

Verify that each file is "valid"... you can use XML Spy or another XML editor, or you can load them into Internet Explorer to see if any errors are present.

Beyond that, the best thing to do would be to create a new project, and then manually copy bits over from each file, testing along the way to make sure no problems have occurred, until you've copied everything from the old to the new project.

Now this can be a daunting task if you've never dabbled in the extracted form files.

If you have a .xsn file, you can extract the form files still by renaming the file to a .cab file.

Greg Collins [InfoPath MVP]
  • 11-17-2004 06:48 AM In reply to

• barnesd
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 11-09-2004
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 3

Hello Greg,

I have downloaded XML Spy and tested all the XSL Files which it tells me all files are valid.

I have used XML Spy to test the Template.Xml file and it gives me the error This file is not well Formed.

I then test manifest.xsf file and it displays the error message Unable to locate a reference to a supported schema type (DTD. W3C Schema) within Document instance.

Do you have any ideas on these errors.

If you do not have any ideas on a simple fix for the above errors how do I go about starting from scratch bringing files in,

I do not seem to have a .xsn file...

Thanks for your help

Daniel
  • 11-18-2004 12:46 AM In reply to

• jonbrave
    • Top 200 Contributor
    • Joined on 10-15-2004
    • United Kingdom
    • Posts 59

I'm afraid I don't know anything about your errors.

But in answer to reforming a .XSN:

When you're inside IP you can "Extract Form Files..." ("File" menu) to export all files separately, where you can then edit/overwrite them. Conversely, if you have a working manifest.xsf, you can edit that in IP, and when you save you then get a .XSN file. Finally, a .XSN is just a .CAB file with a different extension, you can get at the files if it will not read into IP by renaming to .CAB and then a CAB tool/WinZip/Explorer will be able to extract the individual files.

Like Greg says, changing one file can be tricky, as contents of other files may need to reflect the changes before it's acceptable to IP. But at least maybe you have a starting point for rescuing your stuff. Use the techniques above to get at individual files. Either start with your bad files and play till they seem to work or show you where the error is, or start with a new working IP file and incorporate in your bad files till you find what goes wrong...
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.