What is the best solution for this workflow? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

What is the best solution for this workflow?

Last post 08-03-2009 07:41 PM by moggy. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 08-03-2009 06:34 PM

• moggy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-22-2009
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 62

What is the best solution for this workflow?

I am working with some limitations here - the sharepoint site is currently locked down and I cannot use sharepoint designer to create a workflow.

Secondly I thought I would use visual studio, I downloaded all the SDKs, bits and bobs that various blogs said to, however if Icreate a new workflow it does not recognise the names of the workflow assemblies and the assemblies are not in the location that they should be. I know the solution will ulitmately be to track down what I am missing on the installations, but for the moment, especially as I am unlikely to be able to create the workflow on the server anyway, (see reason above) I need a nother solution.

I have a form bound to a database and submitting to a database

1. person A creates the form fills out various details, picks a name (using the contact picker) for someone to action (person B)

2. Person B decideds if he is the right person, if yes, he completes the form and submits it, if no it is re-assigned to someone else this could theoretically loop a few times

3. Either person A agrees it is OK, or it goes to a different team (Person C) to sign off.

Person A needs to be kept informed when the request has been resolved

Person B needs to know that something has been assigned to them

Person C needs to know when any request is signed off rgardless of who did it.

The email addresses can be got via AD no problem.

The question is can you have conditions on the submit even to fire off email notifications in addition to submitting it to the database. The notification could either be a copy of the form or just a note saying - you have a task.

The tasks assigned to people do not have to be recorded 

I don't want to hard code roles into the form as the task could go to one of thousands.

• 08-03-2009 07:41 PM In reply to

• moggy
    • Top 150 Contributor
    • Joined on 06-22-2009
    • New Zealand
    • Posts 62

Re: What is the best solution for this workflow?

You can ignore this question, I figured it out, I never thought of sending an email as being a data connection, so I have just added a second submit action to email the form out after saving it to the database.

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.