SharePoint - How to Create Sharepoint Dashbroad from multiple InfopathForms? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

SharePoint - How to Create Sharepoint Dashbroad from multiple InfopathForms?

Last post 07-24-2009 12:03 AM by Patrick Halstead. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 07-16-2009 03:13 AM

SharePoint - How to Create Sharepoint Dashbroad from multiple InfopathForms?

Requirement : I have to create a TimeSheet Dashbroad from Multiple Infopath forms

I have designed a  (Weekly Status Report/ Time Sheet) Infopath form and published to Sharepoint site. I have Multiple Infopath forms of different user. I need to Create a Sharepoint Dashboard from it

I am working on WSS 3.0.

Any Idea???

Thanks

Harish

• 07-16-2009 06:06 PM In reply to

Re: SharePoint - How to Create Sharepoint Dashbroad from multiple InfopathForms?

Are you trying to aggregate the timesheets into a view on SharePoint? You can use SharePoint Designer and the Data View web part to aggregate repeating data from multiple time sheets. But first, you'll need to submit your data to a database.  

You can also use Excel Services to pull the data and pivot on individuals or timesheet categories.

Lots of options. I guess it really depends on what "questions" you are trying to answer with your dashboard. What metrics do you want to show?

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 07-16-2009 10:28 PM In reply to

Re: SharePoint - How to Create Sharepoint Dashbroad from multiple InfopathForms?

Thanks  Patrick for the reply....

I am new to Sharepoint Designer. Right now all the employees will send the Weekly status report through Excel to there respective managers.

The Excel Format would be

Name : Harish

WeekSrartDate: :13/07/09

Description of task/Project : XYZ         Task Status(Pending, Not started, Completed) : Completed

Date :  17/07/09                  No of Hours      8hrs 

In this format all the Employee will send the Report. My Manager wants this to be done in sharepoint.

He wants to see reports

• A Employee task/Project for a particular month
    • For a Particular project how many people have worked
    • For a Particular project How much time it took to Finish.

With This he want to estimate for future projects. So I have Designed a Infopath template and published to the sharepoint site now the User can login in and submit the form.

I have already created Graphs using DataView webpart but that wont give a clear picture.

Please Guide Me    How to Show the this Multiple forms in dashbroad ????

Thanks

Harish

• 07-17-2009 12:21 AM In reply to

Hi Harish,

I am not sure I understand what your InfoPath form looks like.

If each form just has a single task, start date, name, description, date, hours, etc. ... and no repeating table or section. You can just promote the fields to SharePoint (in the InfoPath Designer go to Tools->Form Options->Promoted Properties). Publish the XSN to SharePoint form library. You'll have to open and resave all previously submitted XML. Then, in SharePoint form library, create a new view using data grid. From the data grid, you can export to Excel and use Excel pivot tables to get the questions you want answered. You can also customize your forms library (using grouping, sorting and filtering), but you can't easily do pivoting within SharePoint.

If each form has multiple tasks and hours, you will have to save your data to a relational database and extract the data into Excel using database queries. Best practice here is to use a Web service between the form and SQL database. We have a free trial of a generic Web service available that does this. Search for DBXL. Of course, you can also use Excel Web Services to create a dashboard of the data on the web site.

I think the key thing is to make sure your InfoPath form is getting published to a SharePoint form library first.

Good luck!

Patrick Halstead
  • 07-17-2009 12:41 AM In reply to

Thanks Patrick Halstead for you reply

Infopath path consits of multiple records of Dates, Description  for example

One table will metion what different tasks he has done in that particular week . This table is a repeating table.( can be any number of rows)

One table will mention the date and no of hours worked per day for the whole week. ( consits of 7 rows per user)

I have done this already ( Publish the XSN to SharePoint form library. You'll have to open and resave all previously submitted XML. Then, in SharePoint form library, create a new view using data grid. From the data grid, you can export to Excel and use Excel pivot tables to get the questions you want answered. You can also customize your forms library (using grouping, sorting and filtering), but you can't easily do pivoting within SharePoint.)  But this does not fullfill my requiremnt.

Now I have to Search for DBXL and Implement it.

Thanks a lot

Harish

• 07-24-2009 12:03 AM In reply to

Hi Harish,

Sorry I forgot to put a link in to the download. http://www.qdabra.com/en/products/DBXL.aspx

Let us know if you have any issues. We're here to help.

Patrick Halstead
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.