Submit Issue while the view is being switched - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submit Issue while the view is being switched

Last post 11-04-2010 09:46 AM by Josee Sevigny. 3 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 06-12-2009 03:52 PM

• Connie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-08-2008
    • Posts 6

Submit Issue while the view is being switched

I have 2 views created.  View 1 is used for the request submission and View 2 is used to display the same submission form plus the MOSS workflow task data of the request e,g. the manager name in signature area will be retrieved from the Task list - assigned_to column.

Once view1 is submitted, everyone can only see the readonly View 2.  After approver completed his task, the task data is then populated to view 2.  Next, we need to save the populated task data to the xml file.  However, we got the following error while view 2 is being retrieved:InfoPath cannot submit the form.
    An error occurred while the form was being submitted.
    The form cannot be submitted to the following location:
    http://server/folder/ABC.xml
    InfoPath cannot submit the form because it has not finished opening and it is attempting to submit to the same location.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

• 06-15-2009 12:32 AM In reply to

• Anuma
    • Top 25 Contributor
      Female
    • Joined on 07-20-2005
    • India
    • Posts 525

Re: Submit Issue while the view is being switched

Hi,

There are two possible causes and solutions for this error:
    1. You are trying to submit a form that has already been submitted to a document library or the form you are attempting to submit has the same name as an existing form in the library. Solution – either ensure the form is being submitted with a unique name e.g. append and date time stamp to filename specified in the Submit data connection (wizard) OR check the Allow overwrite if file exists check box, so that the form can be overwritten if it already exists in the Document Library.
    2. You are submitting the form to a SharePoint list instead of a form or document library. Solution – modify the Submit data connection and ensure that the Document library field contains a URL to a Document or Form Library and not a SharePoint List.

Anuma Chinthapalli /
    http://www.GGKTech.com
  • 06-15-2009 10:20 AM In reply to

• Connie
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 08-08-2008
    • Posts 6

Thanks for your response.

We are actually updating the same InfoPath client form in the same document library with task list metadata in view 2. Thus, we've set up a data connection that allow overwrite if file exists for that purpose. When the form is opened and it has been submitted previously, the view will be switched from view 1(entry screen) to view 2 (read only view) automatically.

When view 2 is opened, the task list metadata is populated and the form is updated in document library immediately, however, we got the error.  Any ideas?

• 11-04-2010 09:46 AM In reply to

I have the same issue and I simply have my default view.

My date connection is set to overwrite and I AM submitting to a forms library.

Basically, I have a rule on Form Load that if user role is Approver, it changes the status of the form to In Progress and saves it back immediately to the library so the workflow can change the permissions in the list. On a fast connection, I don't see the issue but on a slower connection, the form has not yet finished opening when it's trying to submit. Any ideas how to detect when the form/view is fully open/ready? 

Josée Sévigny
Page 1 of 1 (4 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.