Unsupported expression error in Design Checker - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Unsupported expression error in Design Checker

Last post 01-07-2010 11:46 AM by Alec Pojidaev. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-29-2009 10:18 AM

• Moose
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Posts 7

Unsupported expression error in Design Checker

HI -

I have created a custom form that updates a sharepoint list as outlined in Matt Faust's article on this site.  I followed further instructions that I found elsewhere online to allow further customization (http://blogs.msdn.com/infopath/archive/2007/03/26/submitting-to-a-sharepoint-list.aspx) to enable choice fields, checkboxes etc.

It works wonderfully as long as it opens in InfoPath.  However, when I change the compatibility settings to allow the form to be opened in the browser, whenever I run the Design Checker, I receive an error message: 

Unsupported Expression:  The following expressions could not be parsed because of a syntax error or because it uses an undefined namespace prefix or unsupported function: xdXDocument:GetDOM("TCD Add List Item Template")/Batch/Method/Field[1].

I'm going in circles trying to get this going in a browser.  Has anyone successfully done this and offer any advice on how to accomplish this successfully?

Thanks in advance for your help.

• 05-30-2009 12:10 AM In reply to

Re: Unsupported expression error in Design Checker

Hi,

In browser forms, getting the position using [1] is not allowed. Use the below expression.

xdXDocument:GetDOM("TCD Add List Item Template")/Batch/Method/Field[count(preceding-sibling::RepeatingNodeName) = 0].

Swathip
    www.ggktech.com
  • 06-01-2009 07:03 AM In reply to

• Moose
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Posts 7

Thanks for the response. I was able to add in your changes and it did indeed get rid of the error message in design checker.  However, now when I submit the form to my list, it does not work.  I have approximately 40 fields that are being updated and I wasn't sure if I needed to increment the 0 at the end of the statement by one for each node or if I should leave each line at zero.  I tried both ways.  neither one worked, although when I incremented it by 1, I did get the message that it was successful, whereas when I didn't increment it, I got a message that it was unsuccessful.

Any suggestions for this?

I appreciate the assistance very much.

Thanks!

• 06-02-2009 01:11 PM In reply to

• Moose
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 05-28-2009
    • Posts 7

Had to reply a second time because I think I may have figured out what i did wrong.

Bear with me if this seems like a novice question.

Entering that line in removed the error message, but did not enable me to submit.  Upon looking at it again, I am wondering if i need to change "RepeatingNodeName" to be something in my form.  What would I change that to?  Or am I completley off base?

• 01-05-2010 08:48 AM In reply to

• ramii
    • Not Ranked
    • Joined on 02-02-2009
    • Posts 13

Hi Swathip,

Thanks for the post. I too faced the same problem using preceding-sibling function, setting the values based on previous records.Form is browser-enabled and have to be done with no code. can you please let me know.

I am using a Sample like this:

../preceding-sibling::my:group4[count(../preceding-sibling::*/my:AddrCity_1) + 1]/my:AddrCity_1.

If I use

../preceding-sibling::my:group4/my:AddrCity_1. It sets values only based on the very first repeating section field value.

Appreciate your time.

Ramii

Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.