how are sharepoint list references stored? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

how are sharepoint list references stored?

Last post 06-04-2009 05:35 AM by CraigW. 2 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-27-2009 02:38 AM

how are sharepoint list references stored?

Hi,

When I add a data connection to a sharepoint list, how is that list reference stored?  Is it stored as the Url or is there a guid reference somewhere?

I need to know if the form will work if it is moved to another environment where the path exists, but the list would have a different internal guid.

Thanks,

Craig

• 05-31-2009 12:13 PM In reply to

Re: how are sharepoint list references stored?

Hi Craig,

Good question! You can use UDC files to store your connection. Then, it's easy to move the forms from one server to another. Just change the UDC file that it's pointing to so that it references the new server.  No change to the InfoPath form is required. Search this forum http://www.google.com/coop/cse?cx=003654972516704994317:4j0mji2l1rq for "UDC" and you'll find a bunch of blogs and posts.

By default InfoPath uses data connections that are not UDC. InfoPath 2007 lets you convert a data connection to UDC format. Just go Tools->Data Connections, select the data connection and click Convert.

You can save the form as source files (File->Save as Source...) and look at the manifest.xsf file which includes the data connection settings. Search for adapter.

Good luck!

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 06-04-2009 05:35 AM In reply to

Re: how are sharepoint list references stored?

Hi Patrick,

Can I still use the owssvr.dll FilterField1, FilterValue1 technique to filter data sources if they are UDC files?

Craig

Page 1 of 1 (3 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.