Submitting 2003 form to Access and to Email - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submitting 2003 form to Access and to Email

Last post 05-21-2009 05:10 PM by CanadianEh?. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 05-21-2009 05:10 PM

Submitting 2003 form to Access and to Email

I'm a novice user of both Access and InfoPath however, I managed to build my Access dbase and InfoPath form as I wanted with one excepetion.

Currently, users submit the form to the database and via email conquerantly using one Submit button.

My problem is, my coworker would like for users to have the ability to attach a .dwg file to the email when submitting the form.  One way to do this is for users to email the form via File -->Send to Mail Recipient and then attaching the appropriate .dwg file to the Outlook email.  They would then have click on a "submit" button for the form to be submitted to the database.  I'm hoping there's a way to eliminate these two steps.

What I want is:

1.  User clicks on "submit button" --> Email window opens up and allows user to attach additional files (.exe, .doc, .dwg etc.) to the email.

2.  After email is sent, message is displayed to inform user that email was sent successfully.

3.  InfoPath form data is then automatically submitted to Access dbase.

If the above is not possible, we will just have to ask users to create a hyperlink to the file locations. 

Originally I wanted users to be able to attach the file right into the form but even if I figured that out, I decided that I didn't want to bog down the database with CAD files that are already located on our server.

Thank you!

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.