Re: Date Picker validation - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Re: Date Picker validation

Last post 04-14-2009 05:46 PM by Hilary Stoupa. 1 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 04-10-2009 10:48 AM

Re: Date Picker validation

My IP form submits to a SQL Server 2008 datasource. I have fields in my DB that are type "date". When I add this field to a form, as a date picker control I am getting bizarre behavior. If I type in a date (i.e. 4/10) and move focus to another control the date picker properly formats the date (4/10/2009), but the field is outlined in the dashed red line with a message "only text strings less than or equal to 10 character(s) allowed", and this obviously prevents submission. However, if I use the date selector button/popup and choose a date, such as "4/10/2009" everything works as expected. Has anyone else run into this? Any suggestions? I also happen to have a varchar(20) field that I mistakenly set up as a date picker on my form, and that behaves as expected. That is, I can type a date, tab out, and IP formats the date, and doesn't show validation errors. Obviously I can change my database to use just varchar columns, but I'd like to leave them as dates.
  • 04-14-2009 05:46 PM In reply to

It might be an interesting exercise to add a text box or expression box to the form that is bound to the same field as the date picker -- make sure they don't have any date formats applied to them, that they just show the XML value.... see if you are getting the 'yyyy-mm-dd' format that IP expects...

Hilary Stoupa

Page 1 of 1 (2 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.