Submitted form to SQL Database, how to retreive it back into a web form display? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Submitted form to SQL Database, how to retreive it back into a web form display?

Last post 02-26-2009 03:40 AM by MEvely. 0 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-26-2009 03:40 AM

• MEvely
    • Not Ranked
      Male
    • Joined on 02-25-2009
    • UK
    • Posts 1

Submitted form to SQL Database, how to retreive it back into a web form display?

Hi Guys,

I have been passed a new project which I'm still trying to find my feet on slightly and consider myself to be pretty comfortable accessing databases or web services through the form designer and then publishing these through SharePoint to act as web-enabled forms. For a number of reasons, when the form is submitted, it can not be stored on the SharePoint server but the entire XML is saved to out in-house database.

The problem I am now struggling with, is how to get that XML back to a web-enabled form display... (almost, for review) - I'm not wanting to simply export the XML to a temporary file on the SharePoint server (our security policies prohibit that) but would imagine it being a matter of creating a dynamic, scripted, file on the server which is able to query our database and open the XML as necessary - this file would in turn call the appropriate form xsn template and stream the XML to this, producing the same result as if a saved XML file had simply been clicked within SharePoint.

In theory that seems like a fairly simple step to me, but I am struggling to find any information as to how to do this, whether it's my lack of knowledge with .NET (briefly tried playing with some of the XMLFormView examples but struggling to get them to work even as a starting point) or whether it's simply me struggling to search the correct terms through google, I wondered if anyone here had come across this before and found a solution?

Ideally I'm looking to do this in VB, but realise that most of the examples and documentation for InfoPath/Sharepoint scripting is written in C# so will head that way if needed.

Thanks for any suggestions or feedback you guys can offer.

Page 1 of 1 (1 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.