Where to start with training? - InfoPath Dev
in

InfoPath Dev

Use our Google Custom Search for best site search results.

Where to start with training?

Last post 05-26-2010 09:30 AM by Jennifer Walts. 5 replies.
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Sort Posts: Previous Next
  • 02-09-2009 10:28 AM

Where to start with training?

I'm a relative newbie to programming InfoPath, not creating forms.  I just recently installed Visual Studio 2005 and in the last few days cracked open the managed code for InfoPath 2007.  Wow!  I am at sea.  While I consider myself a pretty good VBA programmer, with InfoPath managed code I feel like a high school freshman that just wandered into a graduate seminar.  Does anyone know of a good place (book, online courseware, etc.) to shore up my understanding of the environment? 

An example of my ignorance (I'm not looking for anyone to answer this for me, by the way): I don't have a clue how to access and manipulate form data from from the code. 

Thanks.

• 02-10-2009 08:18 AM In reply to

Re: Where to start with training?

Hi:

Welcome to the forum. I would suggest you try using C# when writing code for InfoPath -- most of the samples I've seen are in C# and I know sometimes people who chose to use VB.NET end up needing to translate a lot of code.

MSDN, of course, is a tremendous resource. Here is a link to get you started using XPathNavigator to get access and manipulate form data. I'd also recommend the following blogs: S.Y.M Wong-A-Ton and InfoPath Team. You will also find tons of posts and blogs on this site that can help you with specific problems and information.

Hope that helps!

Hilary Stoupa

• 02-10-2009 08:38 AM In reply to

Thanks, Hilary.  That's all very helpful (although I'm bummed about having to learn C#).  I'll bookmark the sites you suggest and dig in.

• 02-10-2009 11:27 PM In reply to

Hi GMLear,

Good timing! We are scheduled to release some training classes to our website in the next week. We offer training - both in Seattle and via the Web. Janice Thorne (Jthorne123) has information and will send it to all registered users in the next few days. You should see this soon. Cheers!

Patrick Halstead
    Project Manager at Qdabra
  • 05-20-2010 11:40 AM In reply to

Hi, I'm new here and I've been creating a few forms to be used in SharePoint.  Now it looks like I'm about to become the resident InfoPath/Workflow expert.  I've learned a lot on my own but would love some real training, preferably in person as opposed to web based.  However, I'll take what I can get.  Suggestions are more than welcome.

Thanks

BJ

• 05-26-2010 09:30 AM In reply to

As I told BJ in email, we have the online InfoPath Master Class scheduled for June 22-24 and have updated it for InfoPath 2010. This intermediate to advanced level class is designed for business users who are familiar with InfoPath and want to extend it to SharePoint, create complex forms, design or extend schema, export data to SQL, and perform data validation. It is not necessary to have programming or developer experience for this class.  See more information here.
    Jennifer Walts
    Qdabra® Software/ InfoPathDev.com
    The InfoPath Experts – Streamline data gathering to turn process into knowledge.™

Filed under:
Page 1 of 1 (6 items)
Copyright © 2003-2019 Qdabra Software. All rights reserved.
View our Terms of Use.